Saturday, February 28, 2004

Still in madrid. This time we decided to do some shopping and another sight seeing. This time taking the cheapest mode - walking errr.. and metro hahaha.

We still have to stop by the AreaRealMadrid as Jules wanted to buy more goodies for her house and Bidin. Right. Im just browsing other stuff. They are all expensive now that everything converted to Euro. Not to mention because of Beckams, prices for all Real Madrid stuff had gone skyrocket. bought some souvenirs for meself (again) and things that Im asked me to buy for him.. hmm

Once the shopping is done, we walked to Plaza De Sol. Just window shopping. It was pay day yesterday so many shops have this Rabajas signs. I guess it meant sale though I couldnt find the proper translation for that. Some of the stuff were overcharged but others are still nice to see but too expensive to buy. Well, first, Im not a shopping person and second some things are easily obtained in Malaysia at cheaper prices.

I saw a pair of boots that I like but ehem! its EUR 20 and above.. errr.. no thank you. Its not that Im stingy or what but a RM100 for a pair of boots? I bought Along's boots for just £5 (about RM35) and its nice looking boots, thank you very much.

Its already way past noon and I am hungry. This time we decided to have Moroccon food. Expensive but we just want to try out. Walked at this one lane with hope of finding good Moroccon restaurant. Yup! we found it.

I choose lamb in Tallin - the famous Moroccon cuisine. It came with gravy and bread and some fries.. ummm yummy. I had naranjas (orange) juice. The service is slow though but the food is delicious.

From the restaurant we headed to Plaza Espania - well, it is just a park but quite popular among the locals. We bought some food to bring home. My orange juice and yea! cola cao. It is just a chocolate drink that we tried while waiting for the train at Palencia station. And then we saw the advertisement on tv last night. I just had to buy one container (plastic container). Jules said I was an ad junkie.. I don't care.

We just lepak at Plaza Espania and took some pictures. Urgh! its good that mine is digital camera. I really need to give Jules a photography sessions. She is horrible when taking pictures! ;)

From there, we took a train back to Gran Via and again we browse the windows of shops along the road. Tonite we were thinking of just lepak and want to have another pasta dinner.

Again we stood at the tiny window watching my favourite pakcik making the pizza dough with style. He kinda spin it with his fingers flung to the air and catch it, plap on the table and put the tomato sauce and the toppings hmmmm.. nice! But this time we asked for pasta.. spinach and tomato pasta..

Although we went back early, I couldn't sleep. I let Jules watched her football match and after she finished there was a ET movie showing... er.. Spanish version, of course!