Tuesday, February 24, 2004

2.40pm

Finally we got to buy air tickets after few hours hurting our two feets walking and tawaf around KLCC area. No choice but to take the Jordanian Air ziarah package. Still considered the cheapest although we had to pay RM3,136 for the return tickets. Heathrow, Manchester and Birmingham flights were fully booked so we decided to touch down in Paris via Bangkok and Amman.

The promotion called open Jaws ticket. Yep. Open Jaw. I was a bit confused with the jargon earlier. Open Jaw? What? Does it mean that the promotion was so spactacular that we would be too amaze and have our jaws hanging open? hahahaha.. well not.

Open Jaws for this particular promotion meant that we can take flight to any destination in UK and Europe and coming back from any airports from these destinations. Hmm.. not bad. So we agreed to take the flight to Paris Orly airport and come back from Heathrow airport UK and stopped in Amman for the two-day ziarah.

The counter guys at the travel agency seems bored when we approached them thinking that these two selebet girls just want to waste their time asking for flight destination, but one of them was nice enough when answering our questions. They were quite taken aback though when we asked for the earliest flight to either Paris or UK. Sam (was that his name?) said that the seats are all taken to UK, however they can slot us in if we want to go to Paris..

Us : "Hari ni ada tak bang"
Sam : "Ada, pukul 10.50pm flight to Paris. OK ke?" (asking with a smile)
US : (after much discussion) ok
Sam : Serious ke ni?
Us : Berapa bang. Nak bayar ni
Sam : (tapping with his culculator) RM3,136. Nak bayar cash ke credit
Us : Cash.. Maybank sebelah ni jer kan?

The transaction begins. In we went to see our beloved kawanku who would only become good buddies during early and middle of the month. Other than that.. hmmm ;-)

Sam : Here is your Ziarah phamplet. You know that you have to stop in Amman for two days right? When do you want for your ziarah, going or coming back?
Us : (discussion again). Coming back.
Sam : Ok. So. you got the money?

We handed him the fresh and crisp paper with agong face called money to him..

Sam : Fuh! Macam jual kat McDonalds pulak
Us : Kat McD kalau beli meal ada dapat free gift.. errr tak de ke untuk kami?

He went to the back room and brought two packets of Dead Sea salts and a cap.. errr is that all? For RM3,136, we got almost two kilos of dead sea minerals? hmmmmm

3pm

Jules was hungry, so we decided to have lunch at KFC building. I told her that I want to pay my hutang piutang card credit coz I want to happily swipe them during the holiday. She agreed. Went to the Southern Bank auto teller and slotted in RM200 for the cards.

We were so hungry and I ate my nasi goreng in just 15 minutes. We were very happy that after two weeks of idling doing nothing (despite taking leave) that we finally going to Europe. We chatted happily between bites. Discussing and worrying because we have only a few hours to settle everything. Since I've packed my stuff, all I'm worrying about is how to get the staff that Minna asked from her sister in Taman Tun.

On the way back to KLCC, where I parked my car, we stopped by at one shop selling jackets and sports tshirts. Told Jules that I need a jacket as we would not be able to take my leather jacket that I've asked Minna to buy for me in Hull. She agreed. After checking one after another, I settled on the brown NBA fleece jacket for RM29.90. I pray hard that I can brace the cold in Paris ;-)

Stopped by KLCC to take the pictures that Jules had sent to be developed earlier and took the opportunity to change M'sian RM with Euro.. Alamak so ciput!

Right after that we shoot to Taman Tun and called Minna's sister in law on things that we supposed to bring for the families there. Erk... 4kg of serunding and a bag full of what? Shoes, underwears, jeans? OK, I said to myself. Just paste the smile and take the stuff. we sort these all out later.

On the way back, I can see that Jules was uncomfortable with the things that we supposed to carry. Honestly, who would like to lug around 4kg of beef rendang all over Spain? Plus a pair of high heel shoes, jeans and even this is hilarious - some small containers to make agar-agar (jelly). We had a good laugh though. Told Jules that we still have to leave some things back. I don't think that I have space for high heels as I agreed to carry all the 4kg beef rendang. Jules was contemplating on the stuff she wanted to left behind..

"I want to bring this jelly containers. This is very important. Who knows she want to do the jelly, we have to bring this," she said with straight face. I can't help it and burst laughing.

6pm

Got stuck in traffic jam. Took us about an hour from Taman Tun to Wangsa Maju. Stopped by office in Bangsar to pick Sue. She hold the house keys.. duh! Reached the flats at almost 7pm. Ran all the way to the fifth floor and lug my brand-new Deuter Traveller with wheels down the stairs and dumped into the boot. Said bye to Sue and shoot to Jules's apartment. Took fresh clothes except my bag for quick shower and solat maghrib jama' with isya'. Since I travelled from Malacca, I still had the previllege for jama'.

Called mom and told her that Im ready to go in just a few hours time. As usual, mom gave me her lecture on "jangan tinggal solat, jangan buat perkara yang tak senonoh.. pandai-pandai jaga diri etc etc..". Sometimes I felt like teenagers to be reminded all these stuff.. but then it is good to be reminded again and again..

8.30pm

Ardie wanted to drive us to KL Sentral. So we crammed into his Bidin (proton wira) all these big sizes people. Pity Bidin. I gave my Ms Wira keys to Ardie and told him to just check on her once a while. Ardie smile.. Bidin sure happy to have a female friend around...

Arrived at KL Sentral. Said thanks to Bidin and Ardie. Ran to ERL counter. Jules bought the tickets for me. Another 11 minutes to go so we immediately pushed our bags through the lane and wait in the train. Hahahaha... we made it. We should be in KLIA in 28minutes..

9.10pm

Checked in. Asked for two seats coz we do not want aisle seats. The ticketing officer didn't say anything. Just asked for our tickets, passports and "please put your bags on the conveyer belt" In just 10 minutes our begs were already on the way into the plane.

Do we need anything? naaay... I still haven't felt tired from all the run around we did this afternoon. I hope I would be too sleepy in the flight to notice the long journey.. Just hope. I dont feel thrill of the long journey, cooped in the plane. So boring.

Took the train to the departure hall and spent time browsing the duty free shops. Called mom again and Along. Told them that we are already in the departure hall and waiting for the flight at 10.50pm. Again mom reminded me to take care.. ok.

10.20pm

We were already in the departure hall. Waiting for the green light to board the flight. Saw all the stewards and Stewardess of the Royal Jordanian... wow! so gebu and cantik-cantik.

Finally, we were allowed to board the plane. Walked slowly as there were not many people boarding from KLIA. I knew that the plane would stop in Bangkok around 1am so probably there would be more passengers going to Paris via Amman.

Stepped into the plane.. smile at the stewardess..

"Your seats ma'am?"

I showed her my boarding pass.

"This way," All the way to the back of the plane.

"Your seats ma'am. You can put your begs in the above compartment"

I looked at Jules, she stared back.. "Waste our time asking for two seats.. hehehehe," I told her. We got Airbus and the window rows have two seats...